Saturday, September 24, 2011

Nirvana Nevermind

With the 20th anniversary of serenity to ignore it, writers and social critics are demanding the pen on the relevant articles of grunge / anti-history. In 2011 the August issue of SPIN includes the best and brightest of the alternative rock of their stories, which means that the album to them again in 1991. So naturally, I thought I might jump on the bandwagon.

In 1991 was almost non-existent rocks and inaccessible to the public. The death of

an official of the heavy metals and the advent of pop trash, such as Paula Abdul, MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice. I was ten years old and the stage is going through my Vanilla Ice. Was the only radio station that is of great importance for me Z - 100, which was concerned only with the highest up to 40. The alternative rock Needless to say, The means to promote a rare new work, with it being New York pop / dance music capital of the world. I did not have what you are suffering from the knowledge of Nirvana until early 1992, when a poster caught my eye so ignore the naked infant with the infamous drowning in a swimming pool after a dollar bill. Even still, I did not buy it and ignore jewboy you are interested in rap music. Until 1995, when I got sick from the world of hip-hop and bought at one time and ignore it in the womb, as you well in the teen and picked up the electric guitar for the first time. Even after the demise of Kurt, and open up my mind to the countercultural life-critical importance of development as an activist and humanist.

So far in 2011, and I still cling to the policy under 90, and the music and social commentary for a glimmer of hope, even in a time withheld music and pop culture, pro-aristocratic, pro-Fashion-industrial complex in the sector. The face of logos, there are still flowers and buds activity counter is still at the stage of birth. It seems impossible in 1991, during the Bush administration was the Pope when the majority of Americans are rooting for our troops to get Saddam Hussein out of Kuwait. It seems impossible now, with two wars raging in the Middle East, and a third added to the list in Libya by our wonderful democracy, all the while with the majority of our complacency. However, there is always longing for an underground culture to explode into the mainstream and drop the naked Lady Gaga. The only question is, where we are looking for such a movement?

Hipsters and forget their Mecca, Williams. Boasts some of the arrogance and confirms that the hipsters are the new and NOAA. Some claim that hipsterdom itching is a hotbed of extremist activity towards a revolution in the modern era. Can this White TRASH rulers of the middle class is not there any more wrong. Find me a lover who does not fawn over Barack Obama's false intelligence, and I've sold the Empire State Building. And give me one of indie rock that does not find itself in a love full of immorality in society. It is far cry from the hippies, and even more far removed from the grunge era. How can you possibly build on the movement of countercultural guerrilla sleepy Thorazine, loaded with such Deathcab to Katie and My Morning Jacket? I met once a lover obsessed with self-image is important to him that he is dressed in Operation Desert Storm t-shirt loving expression of irony. I called Cretins simulate this in my idea of ​​a fake indie rock group Deafening aesthetic. Try to fit in tight jeans is easier than trying to fit in in the media lover.

No comments:

Post a Comment